Website

Visit my portfolio website here.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Back to Spain- Part 1

España - El Primero - Darryll Schiff

         Nine years ago, I ventured out to Spain to do some soul-searching and art-admiring. During my trip, I started taking pictures on the street that brought me back to my fine art origins and veered me away from my recent commercial photography projects. I was exploring a new style which led to a new way of approaching the camera as a tool. The result was a new and exciting path for me. Because of this, I consider Barcelona and Madrid to be the catalyst to my fine art career.

España - Darryll Schiff
I don't tend to listen to music while I shoot, but looking back at this set of photos from my last Spain trip, it seems as though Miles Davis's Sketches of Spain would have made the perfect soundtrack at the time.

Sueños de España - Darryll Schiff

 My style has definitely developed since then, and will no doubt continue to evolve, but I'm excited to see what happens in the next couple weeks when I return to my "artistic roots". I will soon be back in Madrid and Barcelona, talking to galleries, visiting museums, and of course, taking more pictures.

Barcelona - Darryll Schiff

        Stay tuned for part two, where I will keep you updated with my trip. Be sure to follow me on Twitter to see what pictures I'm taking in real time @DSchiffArt !
-Darryll

No comments:

Post a Comment